I have to say I am a bit of a meal prep fiend! If I don’t have healthy options in the fridge during the week then I am forever reaching for the takeaway menu because I am lazy!
One of my current meal prep favorites is really simple and easy to make, plus it’s delicious and even easier to re-heat. I make this almost every week and even the boys enjoy it too. To give you an idea of how easy it is, I made 4 portions of this meal, cleaned up, wrote down measurements and photographed (for this post) all in under 30 minutes! So this is definitely a great place to start if you are new to meal prep!
It’s really healthy and is great for those who are on a weight journey or trying to live a healthy lifestyle and doesn’t have any thick sauces that tend to make me feel a bit too full and bloated so it is perfect for me! I also bought new pots (look at them in all their glory below) so I fill them a third up with rice and top up with the mixture and these are perfect because they are suitable for the fridge, freezer, microwave and dishwasher (and they only cost me £1 for 8 – I love a bargain) If you are looking to start meal prepping then I highly recommend investing in some decent Tupperware!
*Makes 4 lunch size portions*
- 150g Basmati Rice
- 220g Diced Chicken
- 100ml Reduced-Sodium Soy Sauce
- 70g Broccoli
- 70g Baby Carrots
- In separate saucepans, bring the rice and vegetables to the boil.
- Start cooking the chicken on a medium heat in a large frying pan until white on the outside. Make sure to stir frequently to make sure that it doesn’t stick as I don’t use olive oil in this recipe to make it a bit healthier!
- Add half (50ml) of the soy sauce to the chicken and stir until it is completely coated.
- Keep stirring and cooking until the chicken is cooked all the way through and is no longer pink in the middle.
- Drain the vegetables and add them both to the chicken mixture along with the rest of the soy sauce and reduce the heat, simmer for 5-8 minutes making sure it the ingredients are completely coated in the sauce.
- Drain the rice and separate it out into portions.
- Add the vegetable/chicken mixture on top and serve.
- This can be frozen for around a month or put in the fridge for up to a week.
- Alternatively, you can turn this into a one-pot meal and mix the rice altogether if you prefer it all completely coated. It’s up to you!
For more healthy eating inspiration visit the Clean Eating Index
Alternatively, you can follow my Pinterest Boards: