This post may contain affiliate links, or we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post. For more information on this, please visit our legal page.
The Mummy Toolbox Turns 1 Today!!
That’s right, 1 year ago today I decided that I would ramble to the world and share anything and everything I have learned about stuff. It’s gone pretty well I think so far and I have definitely learned a lot along the way and little did I know that my site would become my second child so quickly!
So much has changed since I started blogging so I thought I would combine my commemorative blog birthday with some highlights and upcoming treats for you all for next year!
Last Years Highlights For Each Category
I’ve Shared a lot this year and there have been some definite favourites., I enjoyed writing everything that I have posted and there wasn’t anything that I regret! I am glad you all enjoyed reading them as much as I did writing about them (plus I hope they helped!) Here the top contenders for each category…
- Family – 7 Ways to Eat Healthy When You’re Broke
- Cat Corner – Indoor Cat Care
- Parenting – Avoiding The Mummy Hermit Effect
- Running – Walk/Running + Free Printable
- Health – How To Kickstart Your Weightloss
- Food – Healthy Banana & Honey Flapjacks
- Netball – Netball Defense Drills
- Motivation – Motivational Mantras Gallery
what I’ve learned
- Patience – When I first started blogging I thought everything was going to happen instantaneously in reality as well as with the blog and I took everything personally when I didn’t go viral in the first week!
- Confidence – I’ve always enjoyed writing creatively and writing for myself but didn’t think anyone would take me seriously or like my work but blogging has allowed me the confidence to go self-employed and start writing as a freelancer for a living.
- Priorities – I have had to change my blogging priorities a lot of times over the past year while trying to find the right work/life balance and blogging has helped me to realise that I don’t want to write about parenting and life without being a great parent and actually living life. I realised that I became a better blogger, parent, wife and person after cutting back my hours and focusing on what was important. I became more passionate about how I spend my time and it translated on the screen and into figures.
- Relevance – Not everyone wants to hear about everything and while I will always stay true to myself and my life, I have learned the importance of giving something to the reader when I am writing. I am going to work on this next year too and try and always write about my life and circumstances while helping others too!
Upcoming for next year!
I’m a bit of a planner and organiser (you have to be when you juggle as many projects as I do!) so I already have some fab things lined up for this year;
- Clean Eating Recipes
- Fitness Reviews
- Training Tips and Advice
- More Netball Related Posts
- Even more cat care tips (including tips for finding lost cats)
- 12 Days of Fitmas (Part 2) – Christmas Fitness Challenge
- For the Bloggers – I will continue to co-host The Pinterest Game and keep improving social media strategies!
I have had a lot of compliments about my recent money saving posts so I will be expanding into a new money saving category that focuses on frugal parenting and pet ownership too with hopefully some new competitions! Watch this space!!
What You Won’t See…
I wanted to write a bit about what I have NOT decided to do next year because I have had a few people ask me about certain aspects of my blogging.
- How to Blog – As my blog is only a year old I don’t feel like I am the best person to write about a successful blog (whether mine is successful currently or not) There are some excellent established bloggers out there and I will not write about something I don’t feel passionately about. (also, I have no idea how I am doing it most of the time I just write what I know)
- Vlogging – This is an area that I want to explore but it won’t be next year! I have set up my business, we are moving house and the little one is starting school so I will not be vlogging or on YouTube just yet and as far as i’m concerned, if you can’t do something properly, then you shouldn’t do it at all.
Overall, this year has been exciting, fun and most of all educational!! I am looking forward to another excellent year, expanding and sharing everything with you all.