This post may contain affiliate links, or we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post. For more information on this, please visit our legal page.
I love baking and I am finding new ways to incorporate fruit into my recipes and these blackberry, blueberry & banana muffins do just the trick!
Who doesn’t love muffins? I must confess I am normally a double chocolate muffin kind of girl but I wanted to try and incorporate some fruit in there as well. These berry and banana muffins are the ultimate snack and I am also experimenting with some new awesome American cups that I wanted to try out so this is actually a US compatible recipe!
- 3 large ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 tsp. Baking soda
- 1 tsp. Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup frozen (or fresh)blueberries
- 1/2 cup frozen (or fresh) Blackberries
1. Preheat oven to 180 Degrees C. Grease a muffin tin, or use muffin paper cases.
2. Using the back of a fork, mash bananas until there are no chunks remaining and add sugar, vanilla and eggs.
3. Beat well until smooth.
4. Melt butter in the microwave and add to the mixture.
5. In separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and add to the wet mixture and mix well. The batter should be smooth with the exception of a few banana pieces.
6. Slowly fold berries into mixture, stirring carefully by hand.
7. Pour batter into cups, until they are almost full. Bake in the middle of the rack for 20 minutes, or until slightly golden brown.
8. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
You could also change these banana muffins and substitute the berries for chocolate chips or strawberries instead for something a bit more summery.
You May Also Like These Pinterest Boards: