This post may contain affiliate links, or we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post. For more information on this, please visit our legal page.
It’s the TMT gender reveal! – It’s a girl
I thought about doing a fancy gender reveal and honestly, we decided that we didn’t want to make such a big fuss! So instead I thought I would write a post about our scan and then share some of my favorite gender reveals that I have seen instead!
What most people forget is that the gender scan is also the anomaly scan which means there was definitely some natural apprehension going in because it starts to determine any abnormalities with growth, organs or conditions. The level of detail available at the scan was so much clearer than even 5 years ago and some of the things we got to see were:
- All four heart chambers (including blood flow) – to check for holes and make sure it is beating and functioning properly
- The placenta – We also got to see all three vessels through the placenta at a cross section
- All four limbs/fingers/toes etc
- The tibia – and measured leg length
- The brain/head – measuring the cerebellum
- Both kidneys
- The stomach and checked for fluid (that’s a good thing)
- The spine
and then of course, we found out it was a girl! – there is no doubt about it, we got a pretty graphic angle. This came as a shock to us because we have a little boy and we had convinced ourselves that there was no way it was a girl as they are less common in both of our families. Well clearly we were wrong and after a brief panic we realised we would have one of each (and that we were diving into the unknown again!)
So far the shopping has been great because we have to buy all new baby clothes (it’s been a while since the last one) and we are reading up on some of the differences between boys and girls and although it is a little daunting we managed to keep the other one alive so I think we will be okay! (i’m sure I will let you know in a few frenzied “SOS” type posts if not!)
Just because we didn’t want to do a big gender reveal it doesn’t mean I don’t think they are a fun idea so with that in mind I thought I would share 5 of my favorites that I have seen! (if you have a gender reveal you want to share then pop it in the comments and I’ll expand my list!!)
5 Of My Favorite Gender Reveals
1. An insight into this couple’s well thought out gender reveal party (plenty of ideas here too!!)
2. This cute Christmas reveal with the parents reveal at the end!
3. A silly string twin surprise!
4. Getting the kids involved in this twin reveal
5.And this cute pregnancy announcement compilation! (not technically a gender reveal but major cuteness anyway!)