This post may contain affiliate links, or we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post. For more information on this, please visit our legal page.
Kids get bored easily, and what better way to entertain them than using LEGO pieces! Building different things using LEGO blocks greatly helps in the development of our children, so it is a fun and educational activity for kids to pass the time.
Benefits of LEGO building on kids
It’s not very difficult to convince kids to play with LEGO. In fact, the Telegraph reported that children spend an average of five billion hours each year just playing LEGO blocks.
We’re a house full of LEGO lovers, including us big kids, but there are other benefits to LEGO as well as keeping everyone entertained. Below are some of the benefits of LEGO building as an activity for kids:
- Develops fine motor skills: As children connect different LEGO pieces, they are able to exercise their fingers. This can greatly improve their dexterity.
- Increases spatial intelligence: Spatial intelligence is the ability to understand three-dimensional images. Children enhance this skill as they build different things using LEGO.
- Encourages Creativity: Even though LEGO sets come with instructional materials, a lot of kids experiment on their own. They usually let their imaginations run and it encourages them to be creative and make weird and interesting things. Or even recreate things from their everyday lives.
- Develops problem-solving skills: As their spatial intelligence develops, so does their problem-solving skills. Children can better solve puzzles and figure out maps as they continue playing LEGO building blocks.
- Promotes concentration and attention to detail: When they do follow the instructions, this can encourage your kids to pay attention to details and concentrate. Plus, playing with LEGO blocks further enhances our children’s communication and social skills, when done as a family or group.
As an advocate of fun learning, I wanted to give away this 30-day LEGO Building Challenge printable for you and your kids to enjoy!
Go ahead and try this fun activity for your kids and tell us all about it in the comments section!