This post may contain affiliate links, or we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post. For more information on this, please visit our legal page.
This homemade natural anti-dandruff hair oil is great for giving your hair a boost and fighting off those pesky flakes.
My hair is awful and sometimes it needs some natural tender loving care! As I play a lot of sport and sweat a lot – which tends to dry out my skin and hair (it’s the salt I think). This hair oil is a great way to combat this!
Bay leaves are an old natural dandruff remedy so should help get your hair back to it’s best!
Ingredients For This Homemade Natural Anti-Dandruff Hair Oil
1 tbsp Coconut oil
2 tsp Olive oil
2 fresh Bay Leaves (it’s an old dandruff remedy shh!)
1 Tsp Honey
1 tbsp Plain yoghurt
- Chop the fresh bay leaves and bruise with a rolling pin
- Melt the coconut oil to a liquid (if necessary – use a double boiler)
- Stir in the olive oil and the plain yoghurt – sometimes I have to whisk it sometimes stirring does the trick
- Mix in the bay
- Stir in the honey
- Massage the mixture into your scalp and down the lengths of your hair
- Leave in for 20 – 30 mins
- Rinse thoroughly making sure you have washed all of the leaves out of your hair
*Don’t worry if your hair still feels a bit oily (I tend to tie it up and leave it until my next hair wash – the day after or the next day ) Let the oils seep in and they should rinse out thoroughly when you next wash your hair. If your hair still feels oily, protect your pillowcase with a towel or old covering (we don’t want to ruin a perfectly good pillowcase).
*Note: Only do this around once a month or you will over oil your hair and have the opposite problem of being too greasy (I know, I know we can’t win)*
You may also be interested in:
Health & Fitness Index
How to Look Good Quickly: Beauty Secrets for Busy Mums