This homemade natural anti-dandruff hair oil is great for giving your hair a boost and fighting off those pesky flakes.
My hair is awful and sometimes it needs some natural tender loving care! As I play a lot of sport and sweat a lot – which tends to dry out my skin and hair (it’s the salt I think). This hair oil is a great way to combat this!
Bay leaves are an old natural dandruff remedy so should help get your hair back to it’s best!
Ingredients For This Homemade Natural Anti-Dandruff Hair Oil
1 tbsp Coconut oil
2 tsp Olive oil
2 fresh Bay Leaves (it’s an old dandruff remedy shh!)
1 Tsp Honey
1 tbsp Plain yoghurt
- Chop the fresh bay leaves and bruise with a rolling pin
- Melt the coconut oil to a liquid (if necessary – use a double boiler)
- Stir in the olive oil and the plain yoghurt – sometimes I have to whisk it sometimes stirring does the trick
- Mix in the bay
- Stir in the honey
- Massage the mixture into your scalp and down the lengths of your hair
- Leave in for 20 – 30 mins
- Rinse thoroughly making sure you have washed all of the leaves out of your hair
*Don’t worry if your hair still feels a bit oily (I tend to tie it up and leave it until my next hair wash – the day after or the next day ) Let the oils seep in and they should rinse out thoroughly when you next wash your hair. If your hair still feels oily, protect your pillowcase with a towel or old covering (we don’t want to ruin a perfectly good pillowcase).
*Note: Only do this around once a month or you will over oil your hair and have the opposite problem of being too greasy (I know, I know we can’t win)*
You may also be interested in:
Health & Fitness Index
How to Look Good Quickly: Beauty Secrets for Busy Mums