Try these fudge chocolate pretzel sticks for the perfect party snack
I am a lover of a salty and sweet recipe combo and these definitely deliver! Pretzels are pretty diverse and for me are the perfect snack at the moment! I managed to find pretzel rods in Costco for this recipe which are easy to find for my American readers but for those of us in the UK they aren’t usually available in this size in supermarkets (although if you find them, please let me know where!) Instead you could look for thinner pretzel sticks or alternatively I quite like the idea of doing these with cheese straws too (although I haven’t actually tested these so don’t hold me to it!) Anyway here’s my fudge chocolate pretzel stick recipe that is bound to be a hit with adults and kids alike.
- 1 Pack Pretzel Rods
- 300g Milk Chocolate Chips
- 200g Fudge (I bought fudge but here’s my favourite fudge recipe if you want to make from scratch)
- 1 Bag Candy Melts (I got white from Hobbycraft)
- 50g White Chocolate Chips/50g Chocolate Chips (for decoration)
Also Needed (optional to make it easier)
- Piping bag
- Tall glass
- Greaseproof paper
- Using a double boiler (or a heatproof glass and saucepan) heat the fudge, stirring until it’s fairly melted without lumps.
- Dunk the pretzels into the fudge around 3/4 of the way up and place on a tray lined with greaseproof paper and place in the freezer for 15-20 minutes.
- Melt your chocolate chips in the same way and pour the contents into a tall glass (around the length of your pretzels)
- Dip your pretzels into the glass so that the chocolate coats your fudge and place back in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Melt the white candy melts and pour into the piping bag.
- Remove your pretzels from the freezer and decorate with the white melts, drizzling over the sticks.
- Before it sets, decorate with chocolate chips.
- Place in the fridge or freezer until it sets and then serve.