This post may contain affiliate links, or we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post. For more information on this, please visit our legal page.
These breakfast snacks are for on-the-go kids or late-for-school mums and you can pack them full of goodies and veggies, they are so diverse they are a great way to clear the fridge or freezer!
These are a current favourite of ours because I have silicone cake cases so they can be re-used all the time – no waste!
*Makes 6 cupcake cases*
- 5 Eggs
- 4 Strips of bacon (cut into little pieces) – you can also use pancetta
- 60ml of Milk
There are so many variations to this recipe, you can really add whatever you like, a few suggestions are:
- Grated carrots
- Frozen peas
Pre-heat the oven to 200 Degrees
- Whisk the egg and milk together in a bowl until completely mixed
- Add the bacon
- line a muffin tray withe a lot of butter/grease (I mean a lot) Or do as I did and use silicone cupcake cases (much easier)
- pour the mixture in almost to the top (they don’t rise too much)
- Place in the oven for 15 – 20 mins (or until golden on the top with no runny bits)
- Let them cool slightly and take them out of the cases
- Eat warm or cold
If you like this recipe or know of a different variation I can try, leave me a comment and let me know! – Don’t forget to pin for later! 🙂
*Note: This recipe was inspired by the one at averycooks.com*