This post may contain affiliate links, or we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post. For more information on this, please visit our legal page.
Makes 18 cookies
Prep time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 12 minutes
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup sugar plus more for baking
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 ¼ cup gluten free baking flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare a baking sheet by lining with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar with a hand mixer until light and fluffy, around 2 minutes. Add the brown sugar, vanilla, egg, lemon juice, and lemon zest and mix to combine.
- Add half the flour and mix to combine. Pour remaining flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder and mix to combine.
- Pour ¼ cup of sugar in a small bowl. Scoop out a tablespoon of dough and form into a flattened ball. Roll the dough in the sugar until completely coated and place the dough on the prepared baking sheet. Continue with remaining dough.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the bottom of the cookies are slightly browned. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.