This post may contain affiliate links, or we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post. For more information on this, please visit our legal page.
Many of you will know (or seen) I have recently fractured my ankle playing netball (I only got about 2 minutes of game time too!! boo!) – it was an all round ouch! I waited to write this post until I knew the full extent of what I have done and the recovery required and in the mean time I have done some A+ moaning about it.
What I have done (Update):
After my latest appointment things actually started to look up when I was told that I have a “stable fracture” meaning that it wouldn’t take as long in a cast (only 4-6 weeks woop woop) However they then told me it is going to take around 12 months before I can play netball or run properly again which is a real pain considering!
I’m not going to lie it has put me on a serious downer and has impacted every single part of my life in some way so far…
- I like to plan my blog posts for the month – this month they were all fitness and running related (0_0 naturally) so they will now be injury and recovery related (must get thinking cap on)
- I had sporting events planned for the entire summer running season – 14 x 10k’s, 2x half marathons, a netball tour and two netball summer seasons – none of those will be happening and I will be in plaster for most of the events during summer (and physio/recovery for the rest)
- I was going abroad this year (first time in 3 years) but since I will still have a cast on and won’t be able to swim (and will literally be like boil in a
bagcast) i’ve decided to give that a miss too until I can really enjoy it.
- Parkrun’s , swimming and weekend run’s as a family are also out
- The nursery trip that we walk 3 times a week (it’s about 2 and a half miles) is also out.
Overall it has been a pretty crappy couple of weeks and I am a bit of a dolly downer on the subject! The joy of blogging is that I can write all about it – (what else am I going to do? i’m in bed for about 12 hours a day at least so far!)
I can’t promise this will be the last negative post on the subject, but I can promise they won’t all be this moany :p I know it could be worse – and I know that some people have it harder than me, but it hurts and i’m angry so I am going to moan anyway! Being thankful is tomorrow’s goal – today it’s being a moany cow!
Rant over (I hope)