Pesto turkey may sound like a strange combination but I promise you won’t regret it! Add this to your latest meal plan and it’s a fun, new and interest way to eat healthier lean meat.
While doing the food shopping the other day I came across turkey mince and I honestly had no idea it existed! I knew about turkey sausages and normal beef mince but I was pleasantly surprised so I decided to see how it fared! Since lean meat is very much on the menu at the moment when we are trying to eat healthier as a family, it is great to have a different way to eat it (white meat can get a bit boring with the same recipes!).
I am really glad I did, I definitely have a new favorite, everyone loves it, it’s healthy and pretty easy to cook too! I mean what more do you need! I also found this really useful for meal preparation in this house because it goes nicely in boxes to be frozen or refrigerated until needed.
*Makes 2 mains*
- 500g Turkey Mince
- 2 Cloves of Garlic (finely chopped)
- 240g Asparagus
- 2 Tbsp. Green Pesto
- 140g Basmati Rice
- 180g long stemmed broccoli (Optional but delicious)
1.Wash and put the broccoli on the boil
2. In a separate saucepan, add the rice and bring it to the boil before starting anything else. It takes the longest.
3. In a large non-stick frying pan on a medium heat, add the turkey mince and garlic and fry together, making sure to stir it until it starts to turn white.
4. While cooking, chop the asparagus into thirds and then stir into the turkey and keep frying together
5. When the turkey is cooked through and the asparagus softened, add the pesto and stir it together until all of the mixture is covered.
6. Serve on top of rice with a portion of broccoli
For more healthy food recipes check out the Clean Eating Index
Or for something a little more food naughty check out the Cheat Day Index
You may also like these Pinterest Boards