Water? I hear you say “Blah Blah Blah water is boring, blah blah blah.” but I love the stuff.
At home I genuinely drink it more than anything else (i’ll have smoothies, fruit juice etc too to mix it up occasionally but day to day it’s water all the way), when I say “oh water is fine” at your house – I mean it , don’t try pushing other drinks on me, I am not interested!
My husband on the other hand cannot stand the stuff, in fact he acts like a melting witch if you even dilute, juice into too much!
So in true nagging fashion, I decided to do a post about the numerous health benefits of water, to wave in front of my husband to make him drink healthier, and also for YOU – because water is informative and cool (You’re welcome).
- Helps you feel full – *Top Tip – try having a small glass of water after your meal if you’re still feeling hungry to avoid overeating*
- It’s free – (bottled, not inclusive) We have taps straight into our kitchens, grab a glass fill her up and off you go! save a fortune on store bought juices and their counterparts.
- Aids in digestion – Staying hydrated helps maintain a healthy blood flow which in turn is great for digestion.
- Reduces spots and acne –
It flushes out all of the harmful toxins that build up and cause acne or spots leading to clearer skin.
- Stops a hangover – A hangover is just severe dehydration and too many chemicals (from the alcohol you were guzzling) in your system. Drink water before you go to sleep to be able to function the next day (the more you drink the more water you need to stop a hangover – 1 glass is not going to cut it if you’ve been drinking since noon, just saying)
- Reduces tiredness – One of the most common signs of dehydration is tiredness, therefore drinking more water means less tiredness.
- Energizes muscles – Dehydration causes poor performance of your muscles and in some cases make you more susceptible to cramping.
- Aids in kidney function – By flushing out toxins and increasing blood flow, water seriously helps your kidneys which deal with removing waste products from your system.
Tips to help you drink more during the day
- Take a bottle with you in your bag/handbag
- Keep some in the fridge for when you are after a refreshing drink
- Have a glass before bed and take one to bed with you
- Have a glass as soon as you get up (it gets everything working and you’ve already had one before you’ve started your day)
If you must have something else checkout these Healthy Alternatives to Sugary Drinks!
I linkied this post to: