10 Projects for Leftover Chalkboard Paint
So I bought some chalkboard paint for a recent project and with most things I buy, I went overboard. I decided to research ways to use up the last of it and came across hundreds of these ideas… here’s 10 of my favorites!
- Wine dip glasses – tutorial over at Just short of crazy, these look like a cute idea for parties and dinners or an alternative to seating placement cards at weddings.
- Chalkboard Fridge – Although this isn’t exactly leftover paint project material it is a great idea that looks amazing! What Erin Lauray did to update her fridge is a great alternative to magnets and an easy way to write lists.
- Sticky Labels – over at Hoosier homemade they have a nifty tutorial about how to make chalkboard sticky labels.
- Glass Labels – Never fight over who’s glass is who’s again! paint straight onto glasses for a funky label twist.
- Chalkboard coasters – Over at Happy Happy Nester they turned cork coasters into funky chalkboard named ones! – this is the perfect project if you don’t have much paint left!
*Psst: I bet you could make matching place mats too!*
- Herb Garden Planters – This gorgeous idea from Tried and True uses stencils to make labels for outdoor herbs! stay organised and have great garden decor all at once!
- Chalkboard Decorative Bottles – Over at Something Peach they’ve come up with a really chic table decoration that doubles up as a vase too (how multi-functional)
- Mason jar candles – This is probably my favorite from from Heart.Love.Always, her idea is to use them as wedding centerpieces but I also think they would look fab at summer garden parties or BBQ’s – the possibilities are endless with this little gem!
- Chalk blocks – These are a great multi-functional idea for teaching the kids numbers and letters as well as building – you could even get them to help with the painting too! – something a little different to help with their learning!
- Travel activity board – Another great kid chalkboard paint project from b-inspired mama – what a great way to keep the kids entertained in the car!!
In my research I found a great recipe for your own chalkboard paint (if you are so inclined – I haven’t tried it though) from – Amy over at the idea room
If you have any other ideas that you would like to share then leave a link in a comment and i’ll take a look
I Linkied this post with: